Campbell's 6.14.08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campbell's 6.14.08

Beach Bum Bailey, Blackbeard, SaltyChef & myself went out fishing Saturday around 11am til 3pm.

We motored across West Bay to Harborwalk to get some gas and witnessed a guy fighting a nice redfish. Apparently they were holding in the NW area of the canal that you motor into to get your gas there in Harborwalk. He had caught two by the time we had filled up and made it back to the main canal.

We cruised up the ICW under the Causeway Rail Bridge & immediatly found working birds over the Spoil Bank that is just North of the channel. We slammed 4 specks immediatly. We set up another drift and got another two. I had something bite clean through my soft plastic I was using.

We continued to work the birds all the way up into Campbell's. We stopped and drifted some slicks and caught some more specks but none of the ones we caught were legal.

We made our way over towards Sea Wolf Park but again had no luck (slack tide) called it a day and headed back in.

No fish were kept all released to be caught again another day. No pictures either the camera didn't make it out of the car... It was a fun day to put some of the guys on some fish as it had been a couple weeks for some of us.

Tight Lines!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Nice report! The bird action in lower West Bay and into Chocolate has been producing nothing but schoolies aswell and those nasty slimballs.

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Aqua, we ran into some nice flounder around the water tower @ SLP and then again near the old KOA cameground are you running into any up in Chocolate right now?
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
      X