Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gisp 1/22/11

Delayed report (or lack there of)

Walked in around 1:30 and I hope it was the day the satellites for Google Earth took their 2011 Galveston waterway photos cause if you think the current photos are of low tide... you ain't seen NOTHIN!!

It was crazy, I was able to walk from the east parking lot, ACROSS DANA COVE and out to the last geo tubes WITHOUT walking in water. Was also able to walk straight out from the parking lot cul-de-sac to almost the last island WITHOUT walking in water. It was unbelievable. You could stand waist high in the troughs along the geotubes that are normally 5-6ft deep

It was COOOOOLD and deep water was impossible to find. Walked around for 4 hours exploring and probably casted a total of 20 times. I found myself so far out that I was scared I would be landlocked on a geo-tube with a strong incoming time.

No bait, no fish. But was the first day with actual sunlight and was night to explore the area, find holes, drop-offs, little shell reefs etc.

That walk will be priceless when you fish out there next.

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
      That walk will be priceless when you fish out there next.
      X2 great to get out there when there is no water and see the lay of the land!
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

nice scouting trip anyway.thanks for posting
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

I was there saturday and saw one tailing red but otherwords the water was way low

Comment

Thats crazy!

Comment

Working...
            X