Lots of classes on fly fishing this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of classes on fly fishing this week

On Tuesday the Fly fishing club had their monthly meeting - it was on a very high dollar lodge up in Montana I think (could not make it but heard it intresting) but they have brown trout, rainbows, and bull trout.

Last night CCA houston Central chapter did a "fishing night out" event at the Armadillo Palace on Kirby. They had a Fly fishig guide from the middle coast name Cpt. Eric Knipling presenting. His presentation was good but the large crowd made it hard to here, as half the bar was not there for the CCA event.
    his web sight is www.texasflatsflyfishing.com

Capt Eric said now is the time for flyfishing the coast, as the water is clear and you can see the fish real well

Tonight I beleieve there is a fly fishing class where Jay Watkins will be presnting.

It's just nice to see the trend of fly fishing really picking up in our area.
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Bryan,
    Are there any classes down Galveston way? I was supposed to take an intro class one time, but wound up teaching an art class concurrently. I'd love to get the chance to try casting a fly!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Watch for an event at the Bass Pro Shop in Pearland on February the 19th. There will be some casting instruction and seminars about different areas along the coast. If you are ever interested in doing a lesson, I can get you started. Been teaching fly casting for 13 years now.
      http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Originally posted by shallowist View Post
        Watch for an event at the Bass Pro Shop in Pearland on February the 19th. There will be some casting instruction and seminars about different areas along the coast. If you are ever interested in doing a lesson, I can get you started. Been teaching fly casting for 13 years now.
        I may have to stop by a get a lesson. My cast needs a lot work. I can't cast nearly as far or accurate as I would like to and my casting accurracy is not where it should be. I've never been taught the right mechanics of fly casting. I taught myself how to cast through a lot of trial and error, mostly error, over the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by shallowist View Post
          Steve, I'm all over that! I'd just like to see about getting the rhythm and seeing if I can actually move the line. Just give me a heads up! Thanks!
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I haven't said the time of my seminar, but I should be there most of the afternoon. I'm tyring to get in touch with them and push it later in the day. I have an invite to fish Spekctacular event that day and would love to be able to fish until noon then head to Bass Pro. We'll see what happens. Currently, they have me scheduled to do a presentation on fishing the Upper Coast at 11:30.
            http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Working...
            X