A Few Pics from this Past Duck Seaon 08/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Pics from this Past Duck Seaon 08/09

This is my main passion in life. I can't get enough of it no matter how many days i hunt, how many skunked hunts i have, how ever many idiot people i have to deal with on public land...it doesn't matter.

Anyways...here's a few pics from my past season. We had a great year. I was able to hunt close to 70 days total(including teal season), and we had several great shoots. My group harvest right under 500 ducks for the year. Many times my groups consist of only 2 or 3 people max, and several times i go by myself.

Thought i'd share...a few highlights from my season.

"If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

"If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

FWE Waterfowlers

I'll send you an invite to the West End Waterfowlers...

I'll attach our logo below...

We couldn't decide on a single logo so we got both
      Attached Files
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Comment

Excellent post GH! Coe can prob put those pics in the album.

Comment

Comment

Nice pics Travis.... and good brand of beer too I'm gonna half to force myself to go bust some ducks next season. I seen a bunch sitting over in a cove this morning in West. Problem is I can't tell the difference in them LOL.

AQUA PIMP
              AQUA PIMP......
              "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

And here are some other random pics...no more dead bird shots.

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
                  Nice pics Travis.... and good brand of beer too I'm gonna half to force myself to go bust some ducks next season. I seen a bunch sitting over in a cove this morning in West. Problem is I can't tell the difference in them LOL.

AQUA PIMP
                  If it flies, it dies!

Comment

Great shots!

Comment

Where do you usually hunt, College Station? I hear you on never getting enough, even if you hunt everyday and get skunked half the time. We has a pretty weird/slow season this past year down here on the coast, I think maybe 'cus of the hurricane. Next year we'll get em though. Nice pictures and good shootin.

M.M.
                      "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by Unclehandy View Post
                        Excellent post GH! Coe can prob put those pics in the album.
                        Travis can do it, he can upload them on his USER CP as a new Album and link them over to the West End Waterfowlers group... Its easier that way.

Comment

Originally posted by majek_maniac View Post
                          Where do you usually hunt, College Station? I hear you on never getting enough, even if you hunt everyday and get skunked half the time. We has a pretty weird/slow season this past year down here on the coast, I think maybe 'cus of the hurricane. Next year we'll get em though. Nice pictures and good shootin.
                          You name it, i hunt it. We did hunts every where from the northern section of the panhandle(we were damn near in Kansas), all the way down to public land along the coast. But ya, most of my hunting is done in the College Station area.

I hear you on being a slow season, we struggled for a solid month during the season. We'd have 5-6 bad hunts in a row, and then we'd be thigh deep in ducks for 3 days. It was very weird.

I hope we rain next year so the bottoms will come out. I didn't get to lean against too many trees this morning. Flooded timber...it doesn't get any better.

Comment

So is this West End Waterfowlers a different site or something?

This aggie is a little confused....(insert jokes here)

Comment

Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post
                              So is this West End Waterfowlers a different site or something?

This aggie is a little confused....(insert jokes here)
                              No, its a social group... I've created the Pirates Fly Club cause I love fly fishing and house is in Pirates Cove... Created FWE.com well... (Read the About (http://www.fishwestend.com/mission-statement) section and it will tell you) We added a Kayak Group as well for those that like paddling around as opposed to motoring

The Social Groups are part of the forum... http://www.fishwestend.com/forum/group.php

You can usually gain access once I invite you, you probably received some sort of notice...

Comment

Working...
                              X