Aransas Pass area Jan 30, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aransas Pass area Jan 30, 2011

The last 3 weekends have been cold, windy, trying to rain, you name it and it was not good weather to fish. But Sunday brought us clear to partly cloudy skies and the day started off at 62 degrees and got into the mid 70's, the wind picked up to upper teens, but didn't really bother us. I fished 4 guys from up in the cold country..
    2 of them had been here for over 2 weeks doing training for farm equipment dealers, they make farm planters and equipment, with 1 more week to be here it was time for a break and we got the weather for a great day on the water. We started out in a cut for drum and red fish, and found lots of 19 1/2 to 19 7/8'' red to keep them interested and managed 2 nice keepers a 22'' and 27'' out of there. Two were flying home Monday and didn't want to keep fish, after asking if they ate fish and they did, suggested to keep a couple for supper and we did.
    The tide went flat on us and we worked several different area seeing fish, drum, redfish, and some nice trout, but couldn't get a bite going. We ended up coming back to drop off on shell and mud and picked up several small reds and black drum, and 1 keeper drum for supper. The water when left this morning was way way out. and came back in a little during the day but still was way below normal.
    Thanks guys for a great time and teaching me a few things about farming in the cold country that I never thought about down here. I heard you enjoyed the fish for supper nearly as good as the day on the water.
    Look forward to seeing you again and thanks for a great time.Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0318webfishingprecision.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	568467Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0320 copyweb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	568468

Thanks for the report Capt. Mike. Nice Red

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

nice report and catch
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Great report! Glad you asked the about eating fish!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

He think he could get hooked on reds, they fight better than the white bass, small mouths, and catfish at home.

Comment

Hey Capt mike who you fishin with Sat and will we see at Steve"s?Btw nice report!
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I am not fishing this get togather. But will be there Friday and Sat.

Comment

Gonna be chillie!I guess i will see you there hope they have a big fire!

Comment

Just saw they canceled the event for this weekend due to weather. Next time you are down give me a call or drop by.

Comment

I will Capt!

Comment

Working...
                    X