Anyone made the run to SLP post Ike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone made the run to SLP post Ike?

Getting geared up for Spring Break at my place in Terramar. We had a ball this time last year fishing Sheepshead at the SLP bridge. Has anyone made the run since IKE to the bridge? Is it marked with stakes still? Is the channel in the same place, or has it moved significantly? I had it all marked on the GPS where I could snake through there in a fog. Wondering if I'll need to do that all over again. Apreciate any info you have. Thanks.

There have been some changes in the contour of the bottom. Things are similar but not exactly as they were. I recommend remarking your coordinates before barelling through there. Some cuts are deeper, some more shallow, some non existant, and some shifted.

Comment

SLP Satellite Photos Post Ike...

Courtesy of FWE!
      Attached Files
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

By the looks of the picture it appears that the parking area is fill in by water. I would access the guts by parking that area. Lots of big trout hang out in those guts in April.

Comment

Think they'll be there tomorrow?
          I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

The water really needs to be in the mid 70's before the trout really show up in these guts, at least that's been my experience. When the water gets a little warmer you will see big pods of mullet showing up in this gut.......that is when the trout are good to go. You never know, they may be there now......try it and let's us know.

Comment

Originally posted by MELL WADER View Post
              The water really needs to be in the mid 70's before the trout really show up in these guts, at least that's been my experience. When the water gets a little warmer you will see big pods of mullet showing up in this gut.......that is when the trout are good to go. You never know, they may be there now......try it and let's us know.
              We're gonna be at the camp this weekend anyways, might as well give it a shot.

Comment

its worth a shot. I don't really fish that side of SLP other than flounder gigging.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                  its worth a shot. I don't really fish that side of SLP other than flounder gigging.
                  That looks pretty close to where you, me and ynggun fished that day.

Comment

Yip, Mell is right! I don't start hitting that area to the water temp hits 65 to 70 and stays there. Usually the first part of april. Then its topwater time at the pass!!!!

AQUA PIMP
                    AQUA PIMP......
                    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Mike, that's the area we waded closer to shore but that's where we parked...

Mell is correct, the old flat that we used to park on is no more its been washed away. You'll have to park along the trail and walk in...
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                      X