Buffalo Bayou Regatta - March 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo Bayou Regatta - March 12

A rather long, but scenic and safe paddle.

http://www.buffalobayou.org/regattabayou.html

I'm an official sweep boat and our company is a First Mate sponsor.

Give it a try!
    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

looks fun, don't know if i want to pay forty bucks to paddle 15 miles and arrange drop off and pick ups

Comment

If there is interest, you can drop your kayak/canoe at the start (where it will be watched). And drive to the finish and park (before the start).

We can give ya'll a ride from the finish to the start (our van can hold up to six). Then you paddle to the finish with no trip back to the start being required.

I have handled it this way for the last few years. I will need to know ahead of time to reserve a spot in our van.
      At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

How long does this take? Keeping in mind I am fat, old and drunk.

Comment

Fat and old, 3+ hours of fairly steady paddling, all downstream.

4+ hours if drunk.

In the water at about 9:30, out of the water by 12:30-1:00

As the sweep boat. I'm in the water about 9:45 and out by 1:30.

Comment

Ive have competed in that regatta twice in the past. The cannon ball launch is pretty interesting down the steep slope. I think the last time I did it in around 2 hrs. Cant really remember but took second place. it was a nice event. They served food and a few brews at the end along with some door prizes and music. It was a really good event to meet other paddlers and exchange information. I later attempted to complete the Texas Water Safari. That ended after 44 miles of torture.
            Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
            X