Clear All

• if there's a window on saturday...

some fish are going to die this weekend

Pictures please

Comment

lol awesome!! Good luck!!

Comment

Happy hunting!
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Go get 'em!
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Seas are looking good for this weekend, but temps will be chilly. Robert(RSN) and I, along with a few buddies are planning on leaving Friday night and returning Sunday morning....report will follow

Comment

this is our first double overnighter on the center console, with gas prices being so high, we are going to get our moneys worth. i hope we bring enough beer

Comment

we left at 2am this morning, heading for the flower gardens/gunnison, but blew the starboard engine on the way out. We figured out what was wrong but we have to order the part. Going to have to wait until next weather window

Comment

Sorry Robert. I enjoy your reports and can't wait to tandem run this summer!!
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

It was a crack in the fuel/water separator housing cap (little plastic piece of s*%#) that kept making the starboard engine bog down and kept us from going. The spreader lights went out while we were loading the gear, so after I changed both fuel filters, checked fuel pumps, and tried countless other things for about 3 hours in below freezing temps, we decided to hit the hay and try again in the morning. Once I got a look under some light, it was easy to see the little crack and after calling every place that sells yamaha parts on the north TX coast without any luck, we gave up and started planning the next trip.

Oh well, we'll be back at 'em in a couple weeks when we get the next window, and Jerry, we're just as ready as you are for buddy trips and more importantly SUMMER
                    Last edited by dn17; February 14, 2011, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I wonder why they engineer such cheap stuff (plastic) for a part that can strand you!! I'd send Yammie a letter-ask them why they use cost-saving crapola that could easily strand a yammie buyer-heck, maybe they'll send you the part and you could use as a spare. I thought it was a Merc ! (that dang gas/water separtor on Verados are crummy and very poorly engineered).

Glad you weren't out there when it happened and yes -NEED SUMMER bad! Good luck Derek and I'll see ya around in the canals soon as water warms some.
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Jerry, we do run the mercury verados on the whaler. But we were on the yellowfin which has yamaha 250 4strokes. I'm looking forward to summer as well though, can't wait to buddy boat out to the snapper holes

Comment

Working...
                        X