Boat Ramps in West Bay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat Ramps in West Bay?

Hey everybody, new guy here! If there is a sticky or general thread on this, please forgive me. I just moved over to Humble from the east coast of Florida and have been dying to get out in the West Bay area but have no idea where the good & safe ramps are. I'm running a 17' flats boat, non-tunnel, flat bottom. Not looking for any hot spots but just a safe ramp to launch from and start my exploring/learning of the bay system. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Welcome!Go to the home page and click on map and there are a few of the boat ramps listed.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I would base it on where you want to go... (east heading west)Fat Boys just this side of the causeway, Jamaica Beach, Sea Isle, then finally KOA park at San Luis Pass...
      sigpic

Comment

welcome, you can also pick up hot spot maps at acadmey...they usally have bait camps and boat ramps.... you picked a great place to start

Comment

Sweet! Thanks for the quick replies fellas.

Comment

2004 bridge is a good place to start.
            Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
              2004 bridge is a good place to start.
              X2
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

welcome! all good info above.
                the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

X 5 on the 2004 ramp. Another month and thats where I will mainly be launching from. It wont be long before the Pass and Chocolate will be on. Fat Boys, Louis, and the one on the Galveston side of the Causeway (forget name) for launching in upper bay.

AQUA PIMP
                  AQUA PIMP......
                  "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Scott, glad to see you found this forum. I just replied to your pm on the other site.

-Brandon

Comment

You can also drop in on 61st Street in Galveston. Offats Bayou is a great place to learn and you can find some of the deeper areas to fish there.
                      Fat Boys is good, when the tide allows you to launch. Be careful launching on a low tide if it's also on the way out.

Comment

Working...
                      X