Finally Back on Chocolate 2/12/11 & 2/13/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Back on Chocolate 2/12/11 & 2/13/11

It has been two months (too long) since I have fished Chocolate. This weekend I was able to jump in the boat with castaway300 as his guest both Saturday and Sunday. I had great time on both days and managed to catch a few fish in between stories.

Saturday was a slow day. The tide was low and slow. We managed only three fish between three of us. We decided to give Sunday a chance and I was glad we did.

Sunday rolled around with a 36 degree, foggy morning. The sun rose and very quickly burned of the fog and heated up the water just slightly enough to get the fish moving. The first spot we hit rewarded castaway with a nice trout on the first cast. A few more trout were snagged and then we went exploring the upper reaches of the bayou. We spent a couple hours cruising the bayou all the way past Liverpool. With bass fishing deep in castaway's core, he couldn't help himself, he had to through a "freshwater" plug in all the fallen trees along the way. The dude can pitch a plug were must people wouldn't dare. Once we made it up as far as we could we turned around and headed back towards the salty water. By this time, the traffic on Chocolate was looking like the Clear Lake channel. We made our way through and set up on another drift we pulled up a few more fish and I managed to finally catch a speck a little longer (19.5") than my previous best. After the last drift, castaway wanted to make a quick run into the bay and see how things were looking.

My goal for the year is to learn Chocolate Bay, so I was ready to go and pick up any tips castaway had to offer along the way. We visited a few of his choice spots and came across a pod dolphins. Man, the dolphins would break the surface and look you right in the eye. They seemed to be equally as interested in us as we were in them. We played with them for a little bit until they decided they had enough and we parted ways. We ended the day with some killer BBQ sandwichs being sold by a gentleman in a trailer at the FM 2004 ramp.

Today, I think we boated 18-19 fish with maybe a 1/3 or so being keepers. It was nice being back on my favorite body of water again. Thanks castaway300 for being an excellent host. I seriously hope we can get together for several more trips this year.

buoy
    Attached Files

Nice report. Thanks and congrats on the updated PB!
    Scott
    "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Does it mean I fished too much today when I close my eyes in the shower and I feel like I am still drifting the bayou?

Comment

very nice report and pictures

Comment

Lol. You've never fished too much. Congrats on you new personal best. Hopefully you'll hit a 25+ one soon
          Resident Ninja

Comment

glad yall got some fish

Comment

thanks for the report!
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Nice report fellas! WTG!
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Great Report!
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great report
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Im digging your reports ....

BTW
                      The fish are mainly in the bayou right now. Use darker color baits like a black magic color.

Watch for any bait fish and the bigger fish are not far behind.

This week should go off, with the warmer weather
                      FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Nice catch.
                        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Good fishing!
                          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

WTG and great report.
                            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

The pleasure was all mine,to fish with buoy37 and mrs buoy37. He is to kind to tell the truth about sunday. Of the 19 or so fish we boated,only 4 were mine. He had the mojo working. You and the mrs are welcome anytime. Castaway300

Comment

Working...
                              X