West Bay 3/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay 3/6

Tough bite today despite nice, breezy conditions. We put in at jamaica beach and waded the south shoreline. Picked up 2 (16' and 14") Flounder and 5 (15" to 18")trout. I caught one of the flounder on a bone corky! That that was a little strange. Everything else was caught on pumpkinseed/chart tail san eel. While walking across a sandbar on low tide, I found this perfect imprint of where a flounder was laying at high tide, pretty cool. Forgot to take fish pictures, but if you dont beleive me you can come smell the cooler! Fun day, off the water by noon. Wish we could have got more fish. Always next time.

M.M.
    Attached Files
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Nice!!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I've caught flounders on corkys too. I read an article by Chester Moore and he said that in his opinion the corky is the best winter time flounder lure out there. Looks like you already know where to gig some flounder when the tide is right.

Comment

Cool pics. Thanks for the report!

Comment

That's a great flounder imprint pic Matt! Good report and good to see ya back on the water. We'll be out there again tomorrow if you want to stop by and say hi.
          I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
            I've caught flounders on corkys too. I read an article by Chester Moore and he said that in his opinion the corky is the best winter time flounder lure out there.

Now that you say that, I remember reading that article too. I wasnt totally blown away hooking it and when I thought about it, it makes sense, I just wasnt expecting to hook up with a flat fish. The worst part is that d*** flounder ripped up my brand new bone corky!
            Last edited by WestEndAngler; April 8, 2009, 10:44 AM. Reason: fixing quote
            "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Very nice! I like the Flounder pic too, thats cool.

AQUA PIMP
              AQUA PIMP......
              "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

That is really cool imprint. We used to see tons of those in the mu around Alligator lake int he summer.
                Nice catchin'!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

nice report and catching.very cool flounder bed pic
                  nk
                  Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

nice catch, you did alot better than me and my pop's did @ dickinson..
                    Boats and hoes.

Comment

Thanks for the report

Sweet imprint shot...we see those every now and then too
                      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Nice. I caught a nice flounder this morning on a pink corky fatboy.

I want to see a pic of the 16' flounder. Just kidding ... just like that movie "this is spinal tap"

Comment

Nice MM-great pic also!
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Very cool flounder print pic!
                            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Yar

Comment

Working...
                              X