Venice Wahoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venice Wahoo

Just got back from Venice. Fished with Cpts Hunter and Woody out of www.Paradise-outfitters.com The yellowfin have been slow on the lump so far, but we went East out of South pass and got on a good wahoo catch from 14 to 24 miles out. Trolling rapalas. 5 at about 45 #s and one at 70#. Lost another 4. Also caught 6 blackfin and a big Warsaw. If you want to go and jig, you can catch all the blakfin, AJ's, and crevale you can stand. I only had my camera phone and the batteries died early on, but here is a link for the pics I got. Maybe I can get some better ones later. http://s901.photobucket.com/albums/a...ntines%202011/

I def want to try and get back with my boat before the run is over. Anyone catching sheepshead at the short rigs? I am in Orange and fish out of Sabine Pass, or Cameron, LA. But Kemah is an easy drive too. Love the site, been following you guys for a while now. Keep up the good intel.

jeff

Welcome to the site and great first post! Need to try some of that wahoo fishing in Venice, heard it was a blast.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Jeff, thanks for stopping by. Great photos. I love wahoo! Nice catch & Photos!
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Welcome and nice report!!
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

nice post.

sheepshead, black drum, and some average red snapper should be available at the first set of rigs right now

Comment

Welcome aboard and great report
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good times out there...caught hoo last year out of Venice. Need to get back!
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X