Up the Bayou 2/19/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up the Bayou 2/19/11

Bouy37 invited me to fish Chocolate Bayou north of Lutes today. We met up about 6:30 and were off about 6:45 in the fog. The water was pretty still and it was a great day to fish: quiet and not too many other fishermen around. I'd never been up there before so Bouy37 showed me a bunch of good spots. He's great company. There were bait fish everywhere. Conditions looked right for a perfect day on the water but we couldn't buy a bite! Bouy37 caught one dink trout and that was the end of the bite. I caught several oyster reefs and some sawgrass, but threw them back. We went back south of Lutes and he showed me the bubble barrier but we still got skunked. Afterward, we met his Grandfather and helped bring his boat in.
    It was a great morning. Next time we'll get 'em!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Good try guys. Glad yall got out!!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

We had the same story on Friday the fish must have all moved into the bay, I am going to give them a shot there tomorrow.

Comment

Good effort! What is the Bubble Barrier?
        TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

way to go chase em', youll get em' next time

Comment

Good day guys I'm still blanked up in the Bayou as well but have seen fish caught in there.
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by FishinAddiction View Post
              It was new to me, too. Up by the plant where the barges put in, there is a curtain of bubbles that acts as a barrier. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I've heard it's great fishing nearby.

Comment

Bruce, thanks for making the trip up the bayou to keep me company this morning. My apologies for the lack of bites. It always seems to work out that way for me when I invite someone to go fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by FishinAddiction View Post
                  The bubble barrier is a curtain of bubbles at the opening of the barge dock up the bayou. To me, it is more of a landmark than anything. The surround waters can be productive.

Comment

Originally posted by buoy37 View Post
                    Bruce, thanks for making the trip up the bayou to keep me company this morning. My apologies for the lack of bites. It always seems to work out that way for me when I invite someone to go fishing.
                    That's OK. The weather and company made up for the lack of bite Plus I got to learn some new areas. Now, If I only had a boat..

Let's do it again!

Comment

Working...
                    X