3/7 and 3/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/7 and 3/8

Fished close to Jam Beach/State Park area Saturday am from about 10-11:30. Finally found some at about 10:20. Caught 4 trout, 18-20", live shrimp under cork, outgoing tide, water was 69-70 degrees. Saw Kenny later while me and GF were booze cruisin around about 3 pm. Sunday morning at 7:30 headed out-tried same spot -had brother and his friend with me. 1 17" trout, several dinks. Moved to North Shoreline since was kind of calm. Had two hits and headed to Snake Island area. Lotsa of rat reds and 1 keeper flounder. we caught 10 rat reds up to 19.5" between 11 and 12. In at noon.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Nice report! I need to have you, kenny or AP show me around that area.. I know the coves East of 12 Mile but anything West is uncharted territory... Is it mostly a hard sand bottom? Mud? Mud & Shell mix? Is Snake Island the cove that runs back in by the gazebo / fishing pier type structure in Indian Beach?

Also, maybe its just me but I'm lacking a map that depicts the names of the s. shoreline coves. I'd like to take some aerial shots and use a Sharpie to name the coves and laminate them etc. What map are you using that shows the names?
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for the report

WEA...don't the hot spot maps show the names of the coves? I thought mine did...maybe i'm wrong though.
      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Nice job! At least it wasnt a skunk, I hate it when that happens..

M.M.
        "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Nice report.....Glad you got out there and found a few!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Coe - Fisn N Map Co - Galveston Bay map shows most of the WB cove names. Either Academy or Cut Rate

Comment

Nice report.Congrats on the catch
              NK
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Maybe show ya this weekend.

Coe:

I'll take you around-this weekend may work-just depends on what GF has planned for me-she don't get mad if I'm out a few hours here and there-but all day, then I get the sheeeit. Snake Island is the reef just east of Sea Isle-some guy named K____y fishes around there a lot and has been killing the reds. From Jam Beach westward: Jumbile Cove, Bird Island Cove (I call it ranch house cove myself cause the nice white/green ranch houses there-a buddy knows those folks that bought that place about 6 years or so ago-really nice place-about 480 acres), then McAllis Point sticks out on west side of Bird Cove, then Maggies Cove, then Snake Island Cove (they geotubed it almost to Snake Island itself) and now your due east of Sea Isle. Sunset Cove subdivision aint bad either-you can catch some fish around there-they dredged 4-5' deep to bay and turns west to almost base of Snake Island-look for stakes). Try Google Earth. Notice the dredge cuts in Jumbile from getting materials for the geotubes. Some also in Starvation Cove by Pirates. Good spots to drift (6' deep) surrounded by 2-3' of water. I don't wade much-too old for that hard work plus have hard time keeping beer cold while 100-200 yards from boat. Most of the time I anchor up or drift-depends on spot I'm at. Most are mix of mud, sand with scattered oysters here and there or solid oysters. I imbibe hard on Friday night and Saturday and spend Sunday letting liver recoup. My all-time favorite spot is on north shoreline-we tried it last Sunday, but it was blown out-if it's green and not too windy, the trout and reds are pretty much always there-good mix of reef, sand and mud and it varies much within a 400 yard area from solid shell to mud almost knee deep.
                Last edited by Robalo; March 9, 2009, 02:11 PM. Reason: Kan't spel worth a sheet.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                X