Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a GPS/ Fishfinder Unit

Howdy everyone!

I've been looking for an affordable (less than 150 dollars) GPS and fishfinder unit for my kayak. I am towards the tail end of my budget and I beleive it would be a good thing to have. Anyone have any ideas? I've looked at those Garmin units but i can't find one with a built in GPS.

Thanks!
    Resident Ninja

I have never seen a gps/fishfinder sell for $150 unless you find a good used one. I just bought a fishfinder only for $150. They may be out there,Good luck.
    Today is a new day!!

Comment

What is a good model? Perhaps I could find a good used one?
      Resident Ninja

Comment

You could go with a fishfinder, then get one of those handheld gps units. Look on Ebay.
        Today is a new day!!

Comment

One of the cheap hummingbirds will do you and get the handheld gps with tracking on it(waterproof)as well.Like dawg said there is no such animal that is 150 or less that is gps/fishfinder Jhua.
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Go to basspro shops and look at the new Garmin echo 150 99.99 or 100 for 79.99 but buy it from breakwatersite sponser.
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
              What is a good model? Perhaps I could find a good used one?
              I've been wanting to get something for my yak. What's better a GPS, fishfinder or depth finder?

Comment

I have a Lowrance X65 fishfinder that you can have, just need power cable & transducer,rats chewed thru them in my old storage unit.
                Today is a new day!!

Comment

I have an Eagle Cuda (cheapo) from Academy. It's small, has low power requirement and if it gets damaged, no great loss. I use a handheld GPS, one that can download my breadtrail and allow me to upload points I pull from other sources.

If you have a GPS in the fishfinder, or the finder has (or you use) a deep depth range, your power requirement goes up. You have to balance the power needs of the finder with the size of the battery. Otherwise you'll be dragging along a big battery to get 4 hours of use. I have a fairly small battery and can get 4+ hours out of it.

Most used ones are likely damaged, and unless you find an honest fellow like Dawg, I'd be wary of buying a used one with unknown issues. If you pick up Dawgs, I'll be happy to help you fix it.

Dawg, does it have the console and transducer mount?
                  At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Yes, I still have the mounts, I have the new transducer mount from the new fishfinder, mine is mounted on my trolling motor.
                    Today is a new day!!

Comment

Still have the X65 if you still need it,found transducer & power cable online for $65,fishfinder new cost $289
                      Today is a new day!!

Comment

How much do you want the X65 for?
                        Resident Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg View Post
                          I have a Lowrance X65 fishfinder that you can have
                          Free!!!! It is just sitting in the case collecting dust.
                          Today is a new day!!

Comment

That would be sweet! And you said it needs power cable and transducer?
                            Resident Ninja

Comment

i also have the cuda.... but never really used gps land marks are key...i have had to pull out my iphone on rivers though

Comment

Working...
                              X