Saturday 3/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 3/7

Fished near GISP in the early AM. The plan was to get my first topwater-trout of the season. Didn't connect with any but I did get just enough action to keep using the spook jr. Two blow ups: One was just a half rod-length away, close enogh to see the yellow mouth and dots. The other was the kind of heart-stopping blow up where the whole 20"+ fish leaves the water and you yank the top far away even though you know better . Man I forgot how much fun topwaters are.

Switched to a gulp jerk and caught a nice 18" flattie before I left at 10am.

Spring is here again.

Those flatties love the jerk shad for sure. Good job Yan.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Nice fish...i can smell it cookin in the oven right now.
      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Nice report. Can't wait to use mine this spring/summer

Comment

nice catch.. i love that color spook, i always catch bigger trout on that one than any other color for some reason.. cant wait to get back in there to launch in when they re-open, we should meet up one time and go some damage on 'um
          Boats and hoes.

Comment

Nice job Jugs.....Nothing like a topwater bite!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice!
              "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Nice report and catch.
                Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Millk:

They bit between 10 and 11 around GISP last saturday-tide was moving out. Nice job there.
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice report Yan! If you'd like to come over Friday, Saturday or Sunday your welcome to stop by hangout fish with us etc... Not sure of your plans with the lady but if you can find time we'll put your yak on the Gator-Tail or Shoalwater and cruise to some new areas...
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Caz,
                      I'm down to fish some time. I'll let you know next time I go out.

Robalo,
                      Were ya'll on the inside or outside of the geotubes? I was fishing towards the open water. I saw a boat heading into the geotubes as I was loading up my yak and was wondering if it was yall's when I read your other post.

Coe,
                      I think I will try to work Saturday and fish Sunday. Thanks for the offer, I'll hit you up this weekend and let you know.

I fished GISP Tuesday afternoon for a bit. A few small bumps and one barely keeper flounder that jumped out of the boat. I saw two other yakkers that were drifting inside the geotubes, and one had a strung fish.

Comment

Working...
                      X