3/11/09 report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/11/09 report

The last few days the fishing has improved greatly under much warmer conditions. But, that will change with the forecasted front that will push through tonight. As of late we are still catching Trout, Reds, and Flounder in the coves in West Bay. The topwater bite finally started happening once again but will more than likely be put on hold for a few day after the front. This week we started finding some solid Trout on some of the mid bay shell pads when the wind allows us to get to them. Fishing slicks and mullet have been the key in locating these aggressive fish. Bait selection has not matter too much the last few days. Topwaters in the big spooks and She Dogs have worked early. Corky Fatboys and the old stand by Assassin has caused the most damage on Trout. The plum/chartreuse Assassin remains hot for me.

A few pics from the last few days

AQUA PIMP
    Attached Files
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Nice report AP! Where do you think the fish will be hiding this weekend?
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice!

Thanks for the report.
      West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Great report AP. Hate the dang weather changes!!
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice report Capt. Greg. That is a nice stringer. You're not going to eat those are ya? There may be toxins in them!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Well, according to my own study at the University of Da Pimp. Folks with high alcohol intake are imune! Since my alcohol intake is rather "above average", I feel I am safe!!!!!!! Alcohol kills Germs! Beer kills toxins!

Seriously though I think West Bay is safer than other bays in the Galveston Bay complex myself.

Coe
            Depends on how cold it gets and how low the tides get. If it gets real cold and the water temp drops a great deal I will definatly be back in the coves doing the icky mud shuffle. I will be out there somewhere as Specktacular is Saturday. This front really is going to screw me up!!!!!!

AQUA PIMP
            AQUA PIMP......
            "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Nice work as always AP!
              "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Thanks for the report!
                From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Nice stringer of fish there Pimp. Glad the tops are working. Hopefully this front will not knock the water temps down to severe. I'll be grinding it out there this weekend.

Comment

Good job and report ap.
                    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Arrrrrr......I hate work!
                      Not really, but those pictures and that report are really starting to get to me!

Good luck this weekend AP!
                      Don't be a Nancy!
                      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Sweet haul! Pink skitterwalk is what I caught my first topwater trout on. I may have to go buy another one after seeing your pics

Comment

Excellent report
                          Surf-Fishing;
                          I tell you and you forget, I show you and you remember, I involve you and you understand.

Comment

Nice work Greg...hope the tourney goes well...it's gonna be a grind.
                            "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Working...
                            X