People without a boat or Kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People without a boat or Kayak

I dont know how many people will actually be willing to share this info, but I think that this can help many people that have no acess to boat or kayak. Maybe we can all share some places to do so, then they can be added to the "websites Map"

If we can all share atleast one walk in spot and a bank fishing spot, that will be great for people that are begining to use.

Ill start it off.

Walk in spot: 103rd street and 8 mile rd
    bank fishing: Under causeway and crash basin

If this gets some good entrys then That will be good, I guess Ifnot then there always a hotspot map from academy.

Maybe once we get the spots on the websites map, the Admins can give access to the map to only "active members" to the spots, so not just anyone can get acess tothis. I know many people think that if we share this info then we will get people jam packed everywhere, but I think that once you have a spot then you have to put the time and the effort to learn the area, learn the pattern and learn the how to. And there are many many spots out there in west bay to have enpugh for everyone to share.

Hope we get some replies to this thread.

And if u think this is a bad idea, please share ur taughts.

Comment

Where's the crash basin?
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
        Where's the crash basin?
        Off 99th & TravelAir rd.

FishingRed,
        I'm all over this idea! I either walk in or catch the occasional boat ride. My three best walk-in spots are Sportsman's Rd., 8 Mile Rd. or GISP. It's either those or the beach.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I've never really done any good walking in along West Galv. There are some great spots in east matagorda to drive up to but they are a bit harder to get to. I've done good walking in at Earnies over in Christmas. Also over by rattlesnake point. Any where along the beach in surfside starting from access 1 to SLP.

I am always willing to give it a shot. Call me if you ever want to walk in some where.

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
            Where's the crash basin?
            Its off 99th st and travel air. U can fish next to the bridge from the bank

1467 Travel Air Road is the adress
            Last edited by fishingRED; March 9, 2011, 10:13 AM.

Comment

I know a while back milkjug posted something for sportsman rd where he gave some real real good info, that will also be good to add to the map

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                I've never really done any good walking in along West Galv. There are some great spots in east matagorda to drive up to but they are a bit harder to get to. I've done good walking in at Earnies over in Christmas. Also over by rattlesnake point. Any where along the beach in surfside starting from access 1 to SLP.

I am always willing to give it a shot. Call me if you ever want to walk in some where.

Nice to get the street name of the place to walk in...

Thanks

Comment

Christmas Bay behind El Lago sub division on the freeport side of the pass or the good ole Mouth of the Brazos.On Bolivar off of Frenchtown Rd.
                  Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by fishingRED View Post
                    Nice to get the street name of the place to walk in...

Thanks

there are no streets, just little entrances off blue water hwy.

Comment

I guess i'll play devil's advocate....

I dislike this idea. Loose lips sink ships, and i'm not about to spout off and let somebody i've never met/fished with know where i'm going. Potlickers come in many forms, not just the guys that tote yellow/white bait buckets behind them, use rods with the same diameter as a 2x4, and have 14oz of lead in front of the cut squid they are using.

But hey, don't listen to me. I'm just on edge because i haven't been in the water yet this year.
                      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                        there are no streets, just little entrances off blue water hwy.
                        I wonder if we can shoot Coe the coordinates, im sure we can get that of the web somewhere.

Admins, what do yall think about my idea, is it going to be able to get done, JUST WONDERING.

So far we got some and Im able to give out some more. Plus I wonder if we can give any comments for example "Danger crash basin gets deep quick, Dont Wade" or "Previos Car Break ins at night"... any type of warnings.

Again this is just examples, and I think this will benefit alot of the members here.

Comment

Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post

I dislike this idea. Loose lips sink ships, and i'm not about to spout off and let somebody i've never met/fished with know where i'm going. Potlickers come in many forms, not just the guys that tote yellow/white bait buckets behind them, use rods with the same diameter as a 2x4, and have 14oz of lead in front of the cut squid they are using.

But hey, don't listen to me. I'm just on edge because i haven't been in the water yet this year.
                          I see..... that is why I opt to do an only active member thing, plus was not trying to get honey holes, or patterns or times when the place is produceable.

Hope u get to wet a line soon.

Comment

Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post

So far, we've just listed general locations not Honey Holes or anything. I think FishingRED's idea is good. We're just looking for places to walk in and explore ourselves. I don't know the area very well since I didn't grow up here. I do think some restrictions should be in order.
                            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

GHSmacker learned his places using hi-power binocs!! BTW, quit picking on Old Moonpie-his fishing pole is not a 2x4, it's 8' Bamboo with nylon kite string-you know the high dollar string, not that cheap cotton stuff!
                              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                              X