Firshing Day 1 of 9- First Time in Chocolate and Some Fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firshing Day 1 of 9- First Time in Chocolate and Some Fish

Today I went out with thibodaux. Arrived at FM 2004 Launch Ramp at approximately 7:15 and out on the water by 7:25. I have never fished chocolate before and my first impression is that it is a beautiful area. The water was nearly glass calm with a very light breeze blowing. I found out that chocolate has many reef systems and it was a very good learning exprience. We drifted parallel to one of the reefs and I picked up a nice 20.5 inch redfish on a Hackberry Hustler in morning glory. The tide was low and we didn't get any more hits afterwards. We went further up the bayou and messed around with some croakers, small black drum, rat reds and a small flounder. We then tried again at the same reef at 1:40ish when the tide was in. On our first drift, thibodaux hooked up with a large trout. I rushed to get the net and put it in the water. The trout, sensing its capture, shook its head and gave us the finger, and swam off. Not really, but the trout did throw the hook. The trout was a solid 3 or 4# fish. We started a second drift and nothing. The first drift I was using the same arti. The second drift I switched to a sinking hard minnow. The third drift I switched to a White/bone colored Trout Killer II with a chartreuse tail. I picked up a nice 17 inch trout and from there we called it a day. The trout bites were subtle and hard to detect. I missed one or two thumps because I thought I had hit the bottom. As the day progressed the wind did pick up but chocolate was bearable. Good luck to everyone tommorow and to those who will be fishing tonight! My next report will probably be a gigging report as well as some night fishing.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	212.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	568701
    Resident Ninja

Good report Jhua. I was thinking about you guys today and wishing I was out there. I am glad to hear you picked up a few.

I hope to make some rounds around Chocolate Sunday morning.

Comment

Chocolate is great, except that there are no fish there!
      Enjoy your break! I hope you have a great time gigging!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

glad yall had fun.
        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

good fishing
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Working...
          X