Baffin LATE Report 3/3-3/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baffin LATE Report 3/3-3/6

Ok,sorry for the late post guys and gals,but i believe i have a ligitimate excuse for this one.My wife had 3 minor surgical procedures done yesterday,all at the same time,so she has been prepping for this all last week;seperate doctors,giving blood,the works.Everything went great and she is resting well,hopefully she will come home today.So,with that said,myself and Jonathon(FishinAddiction) made our yearly trek to Corpus.Got there Thursday evening.Again,we were put up in a fine bay house by friends of Jonathon's family,with the 26' Panga(Andros tarpon w/300 suzuki).We left out for Baffin at 1 on friday.Ran to a spot,fished there until almost dark and had 5 nice trout on corkies before the wind picked up and we had to run back.We had to stay local Saturday morning because of a front coming and we did'nt want to get caught down in Baffin in that;good thing we did'nt run down there.The conditions Saturday morning were perfect for topwaters,before the front.Jonathon had a few small reds,i had 4 good blow ups,none stuck.We ran to another spot,jumped out,and that front was on us in no time.Jumped in the boat,winds at least 30-35, and i kid you not,sideways,pelting rain.I'm glad we were close to the house,still cold and drenched when we got back.The front pushed through quick over the afternoon and evening. Sunday morning the winds were straight north at about 12-13;perfect for where we were running to.Got down there and caught some good fish.Jonathon had the hot hand with the good ones and came away with a personal best fish that was just over 26 1/2 and right at 6.5 on the boga.A beautiful trout.Thick shoulders and tail,and she swallowed that corky.All of our fish came on original corkies.I contributed a few nice ones,and the combined stringer was a good one.The winds started to crank around to the NE and East,which blew right in on us,plus it was up to 15-18,so we called it at 2:30 on Sunday.We had the drive back,so we ran back to the house,cleaned up,cleaned fish,relaxed for a while and headed back to Houston.On another note,we were catching 14-18" trout in the lights at night;it really goes off down there in the summer.We had another great trip,caught fish,Jonathon busted a big trout and all was good.I can't wait till next time.
    Attached Files
    TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Thanks for the report. Glad your wife is doing well.

Comment

Very nice fellas......Congrats on the PB Jonathan!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

It was a really good trip with friends and family. Can't wait to get back down there and do it again! That front on Saturday came on quick, and that temp dropped over 10 degrees in what seemed like a matter of seconds.

Comment

Great report and fish Flapper! I will be down south soon.

Comment

Good show gents...! It is about time for a good South Texas fix...
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Great work, I love BB

Comment

Nice fishin' guys! Congats on that hog!
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thanks for thr report...been hearing a few good ones lately!
                  Don't be a Nancy!
                  If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

good fishig guys
                    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Great report guys!! Way to go on the PB Jonathon!!!!!! That's a sweet trout. Now we are really gonna have to work to up that one in GB.
                      http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Thanks Chip! I was pretty stoked about the PB! Steve I will hold you to looking for the next rung on the ladder!

Comment

Looks like fun!I can't wait to head south!
                          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
                          X