Wbay 3.12.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wbay 3.12.11

Walked in on the ss around 6:45am...wind was around 15 from the south. Water was in a little low, with good clarity, and streaking way out in front of the cove. I didnt see any bait at all.

Fished for about an hour and a half with a bone/ch she dog before I finally hooked up with a throw back trout. I was way out fishing the streaky water by now. I missed about 4 blow ups and switched to a 51mr. Caught my first keeper on the mirror lure and about 3 throwbacks then the bite slowed down again. Switched to a morning glory assasin and had steady action till around noon when the jet skis starting showing up. Caught 5 keepers from 15-18, out of 16 total fish, all trout...probably missed another 10. Once I located them I stayed in the same spot only moving maybe 20 yds from around 9am till noon.

Very little bait all day, keyed on the streaky water, most of the fish hit on the fall high in the water column...it was a sneaky bite, most of the time they just swam off with the jig and the line got tight...only a few caught with the classic tap tap.

Great day to be out...spring break crowd hasn't arrived in force yet...fried filets tonight!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by OR19; March 12, 2011, 06:59 PM. Reason: can't spell

The back of that truck is famous homey... LOL Good day fo'sho'...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice catch! I feel like fish tonight myself.
      TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Nice job!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice trout! Sorry about them jet skis. They got the whole bay and they decide to ruin your fishing.
          Resident Ninja

Comment

Nice! thanks for the report!

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
              Nice trout! Sorry about them jet skis. They got the whole bay and they decide to ruin your fishing.
              Where I was set up because of the low water I was expecting jet skis or boats at some point...I was just suprised they didn't show up sooner...AND the leg on both the jets skis wasn't to bad either!

Comment

thanks 4 the report!
                the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Great report.....Thanks!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice work, thanks for the report.
                    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Good job! Great descriptions.
                      Scott
                      "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Nice!
                        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Good job

Comment

Working...
                          X