Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stab and Cast

Got a couple firsts for the year!

With all the bait returning I wanted to go and try my luck gigging. Got out later than I wanted in the morning and found a couple of beds and got one 17"er. As the sky started to glow I began to run into silt puffs instead of sleeping fish. Went and exchanged the light for the fishing rod.

Caught 2 ~19" trout on a skitterwalk jr. pretty quick (forgot how much fun those blowups are), then the bite died. Nothing on jigs. Headed home and was back by 9:30.

Can't complain about the first gigged flounder and topwater trout of the year. Looking forward to more in the upcoming months.

Way to make the best of things, Milkjug!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice trout's Yan and a seasteak to boot!
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Good job MJ!
          Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

great day milk jug what is the recipie for those crabs on the front?
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

LOL, I don't eat hermit crabs (although I bet they're not bad. I saw a viet fellow with a 5 gal bucket full at the S. Jetty one time).

I like to take those lightning whelks and scald them to get 'em out of the shell. Cut out all the weird stuff, and save the muscle. Cut into thin strips and tenderize the crap out of it. I will cook them low and slow in a gumbo, or bread and flash fry.

You can google any recipe for conch and it will work the same.

Comment

NIce to know there is flounder around again, I need to make a gigging trip one day, just need to hang around with people with the skills..

Comment

Good going MJ>
                  10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Great report Yan.......Good to see you back out stabbin!
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                    X