468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone fish down in Gorda this week/weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone fish down in Gorda this week/weekend?

Headed down to the river for a week and wondering if it is still slow fishing? Won't be wading because the wife and puppy dog are going to be with me. Anyone drift the shell on the west end of East or are the fish still holding deeper? Thanks!

they're still picking em up on the west end of east drifting. good luck. i can't make it that way this weekend, have fun. i really wanted to meet grizz.
    michelle

Comment

Holler at me when we get back and I'll bring him down to see you. I may even make you his godmother if you pizz me off! LOL

Comment

The better looking water was on southwest corner holding good bait. Captian Stan was spot on in his reply "Gulps under popping cork " seems like that is all they would take, also if water clears up a bit try drifting westend tripod. mucho windy the week I was there
        Thanks Sneeky and Stan
        G

Comment

Yeah it was really windy. Couldn't drift with the K Top on the boat in that wind. We ended up catching some nice fish in the river and alot of throwbacks. The shad are getting thick in the river right now.

Comment

I will be there one day next week...
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Fished wednesday and saturday this week and caught a lot of trout and reds under rattlin corks with live shrimp and gulps.Could have been better staurday the 26th if the weekend yahoos would quit driving through our drifting lanes, if this wasn't enough some dude anchored his boat right in the middle of all the boats drifting lane in this area. Not sure what he was thinking.

Capt. Fintastic

Comment

thinking he was going to catch all the fish. lol
                the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

East Matagorda is tought fishing now, the tides have been low and the wind is blowing. As long as the wind blows over 12 mph, you can count on the bay to be muddy, except along the southshore line, which is where everyone is fishing on top of one another. Capt. Fin Tastic mentioned a good way to fish right now, popping cork and shrimp/gulps.

Comment

Thanks for the good info, guys. I'm headed that way for April fool's weekend. That probably says it all!
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
                    X