X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing report 3/20

Fishing report 3/20/11

Monday 3/14

Monday I had Lamar out for a half day trip. We waded shell pads in West bay throwin plum/char Bass Assassins. The day started off fast as we caught 2 limits of Trout to 20". Only 10 Trout were kept. All fish caught over shell in 3' of water keying in on Mullet. The bite was over by 830am.

Wednesday 3/16

Wednesday I had Frank and his son Alex out and for a half day trip and was it ever a tough bite. We waded several spots in East Galveston Bay but just couldn’t find a bite. Alex did manage to catch his first ever Speckled Trout while wade fishing. This was a nice Trout that weighed a little over 3 lbs. The wind was really not an issue today we just had a tough day and a tough bite.

Thursday 3/17

Thursday I had Brian, Mike, and Steve out and the bite started off a lot better than the day before. Within the first two hours we stuck close to 20 Trout on topwaters. All Trout were caught on a slow retreive working She Dogs around active /mullet. Trout were caught in 3 to 4′ of water over mud/sand bottom. Corkys were also effective later in the day when the topwater bite slowed down.

Friday 3/18

Friday I had Lance and Milo out for a half day trip. The wind started blowing early and the bite was a slow one. We caught a few Trout early on artificials while drifting a reef on the upper end of West Bay. Decided to make a move to Chocolate Bay next where we cut some drift around some of the spoil reefs in Chocolate. Throwing Shrimp under popping corks we scratched out a hand full of Trout to 20″. The water in Chocolate look great and is holding some good fish right now for people wanting to get out and do some drift fishing around some of the reefs.

Saturday 3/19

Saturday Danny and myself hit the Specktacular Tourney series fishing tourney. The day started off great as we both caught near 40 Trout in the 3lb range. All our fish were caught on Broken Back corkys and topwaters. We had good non stop action and even had 5 big fish on that would have put us in the money but it just wasn’t our day as we watch all our big fish pull of our hooks. It was very frusterating watching these big fish destroy our topwater only to have them come off and swim away. But we will be back!!!!

This fishing is in transition right now as we slowly get away from our winter time patterns. It has been really hit or miss right now. As the water temps warm the bite will be more consistant. The topwater action has greatly improved from last week. We have started seeing some awesome topwater action this week and will continue through April.

AQUA PIMP
    Last edited by aqua pimp; March 20, 2011, 10:36 AM.
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Great report Greg!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

great fishing AP...its bout time for me to dust off the tackle you think? did you run the bote any?

Comment

Good report Greg... Better luck next time... I think everyone had day like you both had... It seems like the teams that were on the steady bite missed the big gator trout ... While the teams that had a hand full of bites all day produced...
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice report!!! Thanks Capt. Greg!
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thanks for the report pimpin
            "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Nice report!!!!!!!
              Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Nice report PIMP!!!!!

Comment

Nice report, Thanks Capt. Greg

Comment

Great report Greg. You had a great day on Saturday, just un-lucky your big fish came off. See ya at the next tournament.

Comment

Nice, which is what we expect from tha Pimp!
                      Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

very nice AP !!!!
                        Captain Glenn Stevens
                        Coastal Guide Service
                        www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Thanks for the report's and heads up about the Top bite with Broken backs!
                          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

As far as fishing goes we had an awesome day yesterday. Just missed the big ones. At least they showed themselves (not sure if that was good or bad).

Comment

Nice fishing, AP & dP! Gotta try to broken backs!
                              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
                              X