Big Slot Reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Slot Reds

Hogie70 and I fished the Spectacular on Sat. Started out early fishing topwaters, and it was fast and furious, with some heart breaking pull-offs of a few big trout, which cost us. I know AP and D-Pop share the same misery that morning. It was almost as if the trout were to aggressive, however it was short lived. I think Keith had his limit by 8:30. He was standing right on the edge of a drop off near some grass. I was up shallow, and all I heard every few minutes was like a bucket dropping in the water. It was Keith getting waylaid. When the bite slowed we found the Red's in deeper water. We were hoping to find the trout moving out following the falling tide, but the Rojo’s took center stage. I caught my two largest slot reds almost back to back. The first was 9.5 lbs. and the second 9 lbs……it was crazy. They must have been in schools. All the Reds and trout were released, except two of our best trout did not make it. Water Temp is in the low 70’s. It was a good day to be out on the water.

Great report Albert and Keith!
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice report.
      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

That is one fat arse Channel Mullet right there!!!!!! Yea, looks like ya'll had the same kind of day. Like Dpop said, "The fishing today was fantastic" we just could't get the weight to come together. Congrats on the two biguns

AQUA PIMP
        AQUA PIMP......
        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Beauties! Way to catch 'em!
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

WOW...! What a day to be on the water... The fishing was on fire... May I make a correction Albert...? I had a limit at 0800...
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

wow Albert.... i checked my ringer on my phone and its workin WTF?? LOL
              very nice
              Captain Glenn Stevens
              Coastal Guide Service
              www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Nice report fellas

Comment

NIce report and pics, great day on the water.

Comment

Damn Hogie, put on some makeup or something next time you get in a picture.
                    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post
                      Damn Hogie, put on some makeup or something next time you get in a picture.
                      Funny Chit there brother...!
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Very nice Partner! We needed those in the GRS last year.
                        sigpic
                        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Don't even recognize Hogie with the grizz on the face! Nice report!
                          Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Great job fellas. That's some good catchin there!
                            Scott
                            "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Hell yes nice fish!!!
                              Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X