3/18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/18-19

Headed out with team FrontRunner hoping to catch some fish for the Wicked Winter offshore tournament. We ran to the Gunnison Spar through 3-4ft seas (156 miles from galveston jetties). Gunnison and the Gardens both sucked, the tunas were deep at gunni and there was lots of scattered weeds and no bait at the garden. so we decided to put a hurting on the millerlite and go rig hopping. We ended up with a bunch of blackfins, two 50lb AJs, a gag grouper, an almaco jack, tons of snapper, and some UFOS that broke us off. Our buddy Jimmy even caught a blacktip shark with his bare hands. the blacktips were chasing our almaco jack to the boat, so jimmy baited them in with the almaco and grabbed it with his barehand. the best part was that we got it on video. My brother Derek will post pictures and video later. We didn't catch the fish we were hoping for, but it was still a great time on the water. Hope to get out soon.

-Robert

http://www.youtube.com/user/240Badfi.../0/ZC1cOieH7iE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E-kcN5Nq4s

The picture and video with Robert in the rod holder fighting the AJ is with my BillyStix rod he made me for grouper and AJs that I won in a FWE raffle, it kicked his a** good, thanks Billy.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dn17; March 20, 2011, 09:22 PM.

Comment

The 1st link is a video of us landing an AJ and the 2nd is freehanding a black tip shark at the Flower Gardens

Comment

Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Cool as heck Derek and Robert!! Neat!! I really enjoy the heck outta yall's reports!! Can't wait to tandem run this summer.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I like the PL (point loma) shirt!

Comment

Great report! Congrats on the catch
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Sounds like you guys should be " Team Making It Happen" great catch
                A Living Legend

Comment

Working...
                X