Good God!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good God!

The trout/reds have been THICK in the lights down here in Laffites. Last night around 8 I saw a couple dozen in two lights in the neighbor's place. undersized, legal size and BIIIG ones.

Its weird, when I get there, they are all hanging out on top (couple inches below surface) but after a few casts and missed bumps with a paddle tail, they spook and never come back.

There is always one that looks like a real heifer (28-30") but is impossible to catch because the schoolies are so ADHD.

I threw a hackberry morning glory (black with chart tail) with a 1/8oz head worked pretty fast. Managed a couple 15-17 inchers. I lost a real big mama that was pulling drag like I havn't felt in a while.

They didnt want anything to do with a slow corky and only got short strikes on spook Jr.

Glad to know they are coming back. Now if this freaking wind will die down.

Comment

See y'all in the coves Friday night! Jeremy... care to join... I got a list of 8 lights we can limit out without getting into the boat lol
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for the report. I have heard others have been catching good in the lights too. May be time for a greenlight tour.

Now if this freaking wind will die down.
        That's the good thing about those canals and coves, it never gets too rough. Go for it!

Comment

gUESS i WILL NEED TO FISHING BEFORE SUN UP ON SATURDAY, AND HIT THE LIGHTS ON THE CHANNELS, THEN THE MARSH TO FIND SOME REDS. THANKS FOR THE REPORT

Comment

thanks 4 the report
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
              Glad to know they are coming back. Now if this freaking wind will die down.
              x100
              Head of the Spyglass Potlicker Club!

Darryl

Comment

The house is my girlfriend's parents' place. It makes me feel stupid for putting in so much effort wading around GISP and not catching anything when all i have to do is walk out to the dock and site cast to biggin's!!

Comment

Originally posted by sfef84 View Post
                  The house is my girlfriend's parents' place. It makes me feel stupid for putting in so much effort wading around GISP and not catching anything when all i have to do is walk out to the dock and site cast to biggin's!!
                  Sounds to me like she's a keeper. The girlfriend that is..... The fishing is terrible (i wore myself out trying ) at my girlfriends' parents place. I'll trade you.
                  Last edited by drowningworms; March 24, 2011, 10:55 AM. Reason: unfinished

Comment

Sounds like the fish are moving in.Thanks for the report
                    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by drowningworms View Post
                      Sounds to me like she's a keeper. The girlfriend that is..... The fishing is terrible (i wore myself out trying ) at my girlfriends' parents place. I'll trade you.
                      Where where you fishin?

Comment

Wyoming...... as they were skiing and on the jet ski's, I spent two days with only a 8" walleye to show for it.

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                          See y'all in the coves Friday night! Jeremy... care to join... I got a list of 8 lights we can limit out without getting into the boat lol
                          Ill be there at 730
                          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X