oil leak!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil leak!!!!

My 115 HP Johnson is leaking a little bit of oil right above where the lower unit connects to the middle section of outboard on the side facing the transom. Theres a gap and a rod running vertically in this section. Its not a drip but over night i see a spot on my garage floor . Any ideas?

drain your lower unit and see if oil is milky/water contaminated-if it is, you have a seal out. It could be unburnt fuel from exhaust -but I'd check the lower unit oil!!!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

X2 check it quick!!

Comment

A buddies boat did something similar, it was leaking out the carbs, down the air box,dripping on the shift linkage when the motor was tilted up.
        Today is a new day!!

Comment

Oil reservoir cap.

Comment

oil res cap? I know I have an oil tank under my console but are you saying there is another on the motor? My outboard is a 92.

Comment

If it's above the lower unti, you can preety much rule that out ...

Like dawg said, it's the extra oil from your carbs that seeps out ...

Call Stone and Sons Marine, and talk to outboard Jack or Joe ..... they are the oldest Johnson / Evinrude repair center in Houston, they will be a great source
              FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

thanks guys for the tips. I will give Stone and Sons a call.

Comment

Working...
                X