New boat questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New boat questions

Hi im new to this sight and have a few questions about some boats im looking at buying. Im looking at a g3 prop tunnel and a excel bay boat with the viper hull. I do alot of fishing in Matagorda and freeport with my johnboat now that goes very shallow. The excel boat is not a tunnel hull but does offer a jackplate as an option.Would a jack plate do any good on a boat without a tunnel hull? Im wondering which option would be the best and if anyone has owned one of these boats before and theyre opinions on them?

I am not an expert, but when I asked my Marine mechanic about getting a jack plate for a boat I had, he said not to bother since it was not a tunnel hull.
    NoBama

Comment

Mine is not a tunnel and the best money I spent was on a jack plate. With it I was able to find the optimum motor height while on plane. If your going shallow (assuming it is a hydrolic plate) it allows you to raise the engine.
      -----------------------
      .~~~~ ~~~~~~~ www.saltwaterhooker.net

Comment

It was best money i spent on my non tunnel blue wave.

Comment

It was the best money i spent on my non tunnel blue wave.

Comment

And get a hydrofoil (not a shallowblaster or manta ray which are for tunnels) such as SE Sport Performance Marine Hydrofoil.
            -----------------------
            .~~~~ ~~~~~~~ www.saltwaterhooker.net

Comment

thanks

This info was very helpfull guys, thanks. i hear the ride quality is better with a semi v hull in rough water as well.

Comment

Working...
              X