Tandem Kayak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tandem Kayak?

Anyone use one to take thier kid fishing? It seems like a good idea, but I think that I would get out before the casting started. Maybe wade along with a rope attatched to the kayak.

I take my son wich is 5 fishing with me, he fishes from the yak, I usually get off and wade next to him if we park. If not tend to enjoy him fishing and screaming everytime, about how he caught another fish. This weekend took my 22 yr old niece out in the kayak and manage to do some sight casting with her in the yak. Just let one cast then the other person. Also make sure you have a paddle bungi chord, because keeping the paddles in ur lap can easily get u into accidents. Always wear PDF, and the less you pack the easier it is.

I usually take the kayak with a set mind that Im going to be doing most of the paddling, and my guest does most of the fishing, but both fishing from a tandem can be done..... I usually borrowed my friend's Ocean Kakak XL and I enjoy everytime I get out there.

Comment

It works good. Put the young 'un in the front and let them have fun. I took my 10yr old nephew out this way, and had him drop dead shrimp on the down-current side of pilings. He had a blast catching panfish.

Comment

I fish from an Ocean Kayak Prowler 11 Trident Angler and take my 6 y/o with me. He sits up front in or on the storage pod and we have no problem with casting. Just be cautious of casting direction as to not hook one another. We anchor often for safety reasons. And yes i would definitely place a lanyard on all of your equipment. You never know when the other angler will move and make you lose your balance. Then off goes your rod that was in your hand and paddle that was in your lap. Always thinking safety=a good days yaking. I love the look on his face when he hooks into a fish!!!

I'd imagine you'd have no problem with a tandem.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I like the looks of that Ocean Kayak XL. I have a Redfish14 now and we may try it this weekend if time permits. I'll know for sure then if I want to put mine up for sale or trade.

Comment

I hope y'all have fun! I may head out there as well.
            Resident Ninja

Comment

depending on the size of the kid, Malibu Kayak's has a gator hatch for the front of the kayak that is a child's seat.

Comment

Working...
              X