Late Night Fishin - 03/25/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Night Fishin - 03/25/11

Sorry for the late report but I had typed one up earlier and when I went to link the photo below it erased everything I had just typed so I lost interest in re-typing everything (for a little while anyways).

My fishing buddy and I decided that Friday night would be a good night to drop in the kayaks and paddle around the canals on the south shoreline of West Bay looking for trout in the lights. I won’t say where we launched, but those of you somewhat familiar with the area will no doubt figure it out. We got on the water around 11:30pm and fished until 2am. We were dying to catch something so we opted for shrimp on popping corks as our method of choice. I managed to land 3 trout that were in the 17-18in range and fat while my buddy landed 3 smaller trout (still keepers) and a couple of rat reds that were released to do some more growing. The fish weren’t exactly swarming in the lights but were definitely hungry. It was the first time I had caught a trout in months so I was pretty pleased with our results.

Thanks for the report.

Comment

Good report
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Not a bad night.Congrats
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice job. Free-lining shrimp and other small baitfish is deadly too.

Comment

Great report.....Thanks,
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

great job and thanks for posting
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X