McKee Craft - Adding a Front Deck??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McKee Craft - Adding a Front Deck??

I'm thinking of purchasing this boat and was wondering if it's possible to add a front deck onto it that covers the "humps" at the front?

Also, what's a good price for this (buying from a family member).

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	Boat1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	568925Click image for larger version

Name:	Boat2.JPG
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	568924Click image for larger version

Name:	Boat3.JPG
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	568923

Not sure how you would accomplish a front deck on it-seems like a lot of starboard ($) and or glass work. McKees are fine boats-no wood so no rot, they do tend to porpoise. Is this the "semi-tunnel" 17 they made for a few years?

For price, I'd check NADA used boat prices. You didn't mention year-I'm guessing 88-90 model
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I was thinking that it'd probably get pretty pricey and that's not what I'm wanting to put into it right now.

I'm not real sure of the year, supposed to go look at it this weekend. My uncle just sent me the pics as he won it in a raffle for $20.
      I'll get some more info and post it when I look at it.

Thanks

Comment

1,500 for that boat

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
          1,500 for that boat
          The motor alone is 3x that, easy.

You trying to set yourself up for a deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Long Pole View Post
            The motor alone is 3x that, easy.

You trying to set yourself up for a deal?

hell no.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
              hell no.
              So the motor is worth a $1000 and the boat $500?

Comment

I think Gilbert isn't too far off. Saw one last year at Jam Bch for 2500 with a johnson 110 as I recall and it was in good shape. NADA for a 1990 model AVG. is about $1900. If he paid $20, then I think "family" may make it close to 1900. I doubt the motor is worth $4500-it is an older yammie 115. I had a buddy buy one new in 89 for $13k with a 110 Johnson and his was the semi-tunnel-this one is not a semi-tunnel hull. Remember, it is a used boat and ya may find some electrical issues, what electronics are on it? Does it run? Trailer condition? Tires?-it all adds up and adds up quick!! When did it run last? Compression on those 4 cylinders? Carbs? gas tank? Lotta stuff to consider.

Heck, I got a buddy with a 19' JCraft (rockport made) with 130 yammie and it's an 04 and I coulda got it for $4.5k-out skinnies any shallowsport and motor was in excellent shape with low hours-I just dint need 4 boats!! (before Ike)
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I think the actual boat value being around $1k-2k is about right.

I just know by looking at the price of some boats/motors that motor has to be at least a couple grand.
                  I'm going off the assumption that everything works on it for now...knowing that's not going to be the case.

I've seen similar boats going for around $4-5k, but I don't know much about the value of all this, that's why I asked here.

I'm hoping "family" will let it go for around $1k.

Comment

If you get it you can add the front platform later. Those front humps from the modified cathedral hull, like an old Whaler, can break a leg! LOL
                    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                      If you get it you can add the front platform later. Those front humps from the modified cathedral hull, like an old Whaler, can break a leg! LOL
                      That's definitely what I was thinking...hate to be fighting a fish and slip on one of those and eat it.

Comment

There's a fiberglass guy off hwy 3 and Allen genoa that can do that cheap!! Nice rig nick!
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Thanks, I'll get with you after I go check it out this weekend and hopefully bring it home.

Comment

Originally posted by smooth move
                            talk to randy at randy's marine on 146 and dickinson bayou. he fishes out of the same boat. he can answer your question. he lives in bayou vista and fishes the bay and marsh.
                            Get him to show you the lower unit I trashed. LOL Good luck and enjoy your rig!

Comment

I've got a McKee Southporter 1983 model. It is one tough hull. Just repowered with a yamaha 90 and it is one great bay boat. Runs in 1 foot of water no problem. Fishing the bow takes some skill though.

Comment

Working...
                              X