Mushroom Enchiladas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mushroom Enchiladas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 tablespoons butter or margarine
    1 1/2 pounds sliced mushrooms
    1 can (7 OZ.) greenchiles drained
    1 cup sliced green onions including tops
    1/2 pint plain yogurt
    3 ounces cream cheese cut in small pieces
    2 tablespoons flour
    10 corn tortillas
    1 1/2 cups shredded jack cheese
    ENCHILADA SAUSE
    HEAT 2 tablespoons salad oil in a frying pan over medium heat.add 1 large onion chopped and cook untill soft.Stir in 2 cloves of garlic (or more) minced.1 large can of (15 oz.) of tomato sauce 3/4 cup dry red wine(or water) 1 tablespoon chili powder 2 teaspoons each of oregano and honey.1 teaspoon each of salt,ground cumin and ground coriander.Add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon liquid hot pepper seasoning.Bring to boil,cover,reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
    In a frying pan over medium heat ,melt butter.add mushrooms and cook until golden and liquid has evaporated.Reduce heat to low and add chiles,onions,yogurt,cream cheese and flour.cook,stirring,until mixture boils and thickens.remove from heat.Bring enchilada sauce to a boil then remove from heat.dip tortilla in sauce for a few seconds to soften the torts.In a 9 by 13 inch greased(Pam spray) spoon some of the mushroom mixture and roll each tortilla seam down.Pour remaining sause over enchiladas.Bake covered in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.uncover and sprinkle with cheese.Conyinue baking uncovered for 5 more minutes until cheese is melted.

Both of these recipes are awesome
    NK
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

I've done the eggplant just like that, its great. I cant wait to make the enchiladas now! Sounds freakin' great.

Comment

sounds good, makin me want some mexican food now!
      Boats and hoes.

Comment

Which reminds me. If any of you live around an On the Border restaurant, they have all you can eat enchiladas for 8.99. There isnt one around me, but if there was I would be all over that!

Comment

What kind of shrooms are we talking about here?
          I'm thinking these could be some of the best enchiladas ever made!
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

looks like I know what I'm cooking for dinner tomorrow. That sounds goooo-oood.

sb:>

Comment

Shrooms-good uns?

On the shrooms, did the stems turn a funny blue color when ya broke them? I like those the best, but they been hard to find with all the stuff they been adding to the cow food-killing the spores.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
              X