Pirate's night fishing report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirate's night fishing report

Decided to try a new area tonight in the yak. Put in at the old marina. Ended up taking home 2 reds and 3 trout. Biggest red 23". Biggest trout 21". Used TTF tandem rigs with glo gulp shad to catch the majority of the fish. Also used mirrodines and yozuri baits. Shad and shrimp are still very small in the lights. Probably why I did better with the tandem rig. Fishing green lights can get frustrating. You get one shot at them then they are gone. Seemed like there were mostly redfish in the lights. Lots of rat reds swimming with the big ones.

I was out there didn't see anyone not a lot of people down I had large schools of trout that I found few reds
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I love those Mirrodines in the lights. The schoolies tend to leave them alone most of the time. Like you said with the green lights. You typically get one fish out of them and then everything scatters for awhile. With that mirrodine I get a lot more keepers.

Comment

Friday was 10x better than Saturday night... Nobody was down Friday then everyone comes down Saturday just crazy lol
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
        X