Chocolate etc. 4/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate etc. 4/1

Went out Friday 7:30a till about noon. Lots of bait in the bay and up bayous but not much action. Had a few miss fires on topwaters early in the morning over shell. We drifted the east side, west side, Halls lake with no luck. Went up Halls Bayou and landed a 26" red on a topwater (I think I hit him in the mouth). Not much else, couple taps and that was it. Went from there and drifted the east flat hoping the bite may have turned on; nothing. Ran up New Bayou and saw more bait than I have ever seen, just nothing feeding. Nada up New all the way to the bridge. Came back out and drifted the west side and then called it quits. Nothing in the cooler. Fished every color of paddle tail, pin tail and topwaters I had in the box. Wish I had something better to report.

Thanks for posting up.

Days like that drive me nuts. All that bait and no activity. I dwell on it for days sometimes. My only cure is to go fishing the next day and sometimes the activity level does a total 180 degree turnaround and fish start biting again.

Comment

It sure beat's the heck out of what i was doing friday!lol...Sound's like you had fun.
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Hey i feel you. I fished monday and the same thing good job for trying.

Comment

Don't feel bad, was out there friday as well and it sure was slow. I fished all over the bay with about the same results other than my fish was a 23 1/2 " trout on a topwater early in the morning . The only other fish we caught were slimers . I went out yesterday to west bay and found some solid trout . I landed 8 from 20 1/2'" to 23" caught on topwater early in the morning , when the bite died i moved to another spot and found some reds . I landed 15 rat reds on topwater no slot reds found.

Comment

Thanks for the report!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	red on topwater.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	554169Pics of the only fun to be had that day...
              Click image for larger version

Name:	26 red.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	554168

Comment

Great report! That is my stomping grounds.

Comment

Looks like i missed the boat again
                  10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                    Looks like i missed the boat again
                    pobrecito
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Use some live bait!!!!! FISH ARE FEEDING ON SHAD.
                      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
                        Use some live bait!!!!! FISH ARE FEEDING ON SHAD.

And STUFF!!!
                        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

yeh i know u quit fishing and now playing golf and i guess joey wife said i cant get in his boat lol
                          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Working...
                          X