4-3-11 report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-3-11 report

This is my first report, so please bare with me. Sunday morning I took the kayak over to a favorite flat of mine. The bait and birds weren't as heavy as I had seen when I cruised by saturday evening though, and the wind blew me across the flat pretty quickly. The clouds rolling in from offshore also made it a bit hard to spot bait and fish. I did find a few tailers and managed to pick up a 13" flounder, a rat red, and a fat 25" 9lb red though. I was throwing my go-to spoon since the conditions weren't favorable for the regular sight and fly-fishing i usually do there. At least I got to check out the spot for the first time this year and got to take dinner home with me.
    You never know what the tide might bring

If that 25" fish was 9 pounds, then i'm related to Obama.
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

oh shoot, sorry about that. it was only around 6 lbs. the 9 is right below the 6 on my number pad. sure wish it was 9 though
      You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

Thats funny. Thats still a good report.

Comment

A good fat red for the grill and you got in before the front, sounds like a great day to me.

Comment

That's a good opener.Keep those reports coming.
            TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post
              If that 25" fish was 9 pounds, then i'm related to Obama.
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
              X