West Bay 3/16/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay 3/16/09

Fished all over west today with GSB. We caught 3 on our first drift, but we were on a wading trip so we bugged out and hit some wade spots with nary a bump. Made the drift again and caught 3 more, then ran to some other wade spots with nothing to show for it. Made 1 last drift in another locale and ended up with 1 more trout. Total for the day was 5 dinks and 2 keepers about 18". All caught on plastics and corkys. We couldn't get a fish to hit a top all afternoon. Water temp was in the low 60s and the water was beautiful.
    It was a beautiful day to be out and we caught a few fish. The fishing should get better the rest of the week as the water temps warm up even more.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

nice catch, it bet it was awsome to be out on the water today... yall have any wind when you were out??
    Boats and hoes.

Comment

I probably ran by yall. I only found a few flounder in one cove. Right at dark I missed a decent trout on a topwater but that was it for me. When I launched the water was 54 and when I left it was 61.

Comment

wind

It was up and down, but the highest was about 15. on our drifts, we were barely moving.

Originally posted by caz View Post
        nice catch, it bet it was awsome to be out on the water today... yall have any wind when you were out??
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I am skipping today because my back is sore, but will be back out there tomorrow and Thursday. We will probably be running the south shoreline trying to find some topwater action, but the tides are running early and dying about 4:30, so it is killing the evening bite.

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
          I probably ran by yall. I only found a few flounder in one cove. Right at dark I missed a decent trout on a topwater but that was it for me. When I launched the water was 54 and when I left it was 61.
          sigpic

Comment

Nice to be on the water.It will get better
            NK
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

imhammer, I am coming down this afternoon and plan on fishing tomorrow. I was thinking about taken out the boat, but not 100% where to go, but I was thinking about the water tower west of Terramar or driving down to Sportsmans Rd or SLP. If you are not fishing with anyone, can I join you to learn some of the area? If not, I totally understand.
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

PM Sent

Check your PMs

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                imhammer, I am coming down this afternoon and plan on fishing tomorrow. I was thinking about taken out the boat, but not 100% where to go, but I was thinking about the water tower west of Terramar or driving down to Sportsmans Rd or SLP. If you are not fishing with anyone, can I join you to learn some of the area? If not, I totally understand.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X