Jones Lake rip rap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jones Lake rip rap

I launched the yak at Hwy 6 and headed towards the mouth of highland bayou at Jones decided to fish the rail road rip rap for flounder. There where tons of glass shad as I entered the marsh so I decided to go with tandom rigged 1/16oz crappie jigs fishing them along the breaks in the rocks. I got there at 1030am and the tide was comming in.

I pitched the jigs up current and let it bounce along the bottom until it got in front of me and then I would slowly bounce the rod tip and reel the slack. Today was a very good day for small flounder. I probably picked up 20 fish the first 30 casts in the 10-13" range. It was a fish a cast for the first 10 min. then it went to about every third cast. Then the trout and reds started getting to it before I could get to the bottom. I ended the day with a 17" speck and a 15" flounder.

The 15" flounder is going to the sea center tomorrow and the trout was CPR'd to fight for another day. The other trout I caught were babies, maybe 8 inches. The reds were all in the 16" range.

The colors of the day were pearl/chart. plum/chart. The fish in the pic. is about the averag size I was catching today
    Attached Files
    Son of the Republic

Nice report! Sounds like a fun day to me!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice report!

Comment

Nice! A fish a cast is a good day in my book!
        Resident Ninja

Comment

Way to go. Nice report!
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Hopefully the big ones will be waiting on you next time.

Comment

thanks 4 the report.
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
              X