Tonight's the night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight's the night...

...that I will be taking out the boat for the first time this year. Everything is in order with extensive off season maintenance completed. Also new bamboo gigs will be used for the first time.
    To make the night even better the winds are predicted to be 5-15 instead of the steady 20+ that's been pumping for several days.
    If the winds are mild I expect 2 limits and will post a detailed report, wish me luck!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
    Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Good luck

Comment

Hope u found em
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Dunno if he found 'em in 20 minutes

Good luck Bert. Expecting limits? Aren't you humble. Hopefully the clarity will be good. Stronger NE winds aren't my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
          Dunno if he found 'em in 20 minutes

Good luck Bert. Expecting limits? Aren't you humble. Hopefully the clarity will be good. Stronger NE winds aren't my favorite.
          He's that good :P
          But good luck! All i've found this year is one flounder and two or three beds.
          Resident Ninja

Comment

Perhaps "Expect" is a poor word choice and "Desire" would have been more appropriate. Meh
            I was hoping with it being so early in the season the overall conditions will still have winter time clairity helping the prospects of finding clear water in windy conditions. I usually don't begin the hunt until the last week of May, this is wind I find it is consistantly warm and the winds have begun to lay. Pensecola is reporting the Flounder are making there way back in from offshore and if so it may be the same case for us. Specific intercept points at the pass might pay off...of coarse all of this is just speculation on my part.
            Time to pack up, I'll report back results when I get back and thanks for the "Good Lucks"...The Flounder Gods' are smiling.
            Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Where you been? Weve been stickin the chit out of them um.... 3 man limit last night home before 12. In the last three weeks over 40 fish have hit the deck of the "USS SMOKIN FLATTIES"

Comment

Be there!!
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Go get 'em! Good luck!
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Can't get 'em unless you are out there. Channel looked a bit sandy in the morning, but the surf clarity looks great now.

Comment

Good luck Bert.....Go get em!
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

where's the stabbing report?

Comment

Goose egg?
                          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Did you guys leave out of Jamaica Beach last night?

RSN, Sfef and I were shark fishing right by the main canal entrance and saw a decked out gigging boat heading towards Jumbile last night and we figured it was y'all headin out to stick a few.

Comment

My gigging partner wasn't much of a partner and the wind stayed high most of the night so I put her to bed but the wind laid down around 4 am and the I was able to see bottom and handle the boat. I took 3 at 14-15 inches and passed up at least 7-9 more that where to close to call.
                              At least I wasn't skunked.

Comment

Working...
                              X