96 Johnson 225 Venom problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Johnson 225 Venom problem

Maybe someone here can help. It starts just fine, and gets up on plane and runs forever,untill you let off the gas. It then stalls. Starts right up again, but you must either choke it ,or squeeze the bulb, for it to get on plane again. Carbs have rebuilt by a shop. VRO pump has the oil side disabled. Water seperator has been changed,and is clean . Hose inlet to fuel tank has been blowned through. Compression on all cylinders 1s 108/112#, so very good. Help, Thanks

Carbs would be my first choice, and just because a shop rebuilt them does not mean they were done right ....just saying

Next is the fuel intake and the fuel it self. Which it sounds like you are on it.

You might have to bite the bullet and take it to a shop, like Stone and Sons Marine 713.686.1711, who is highly regarded in the evinrude/ johnson world .....also one of the oldest reapir facilities in town
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Thanks. I have delt with Stone & Sons for many years,they are good. I will take the fuel pump apart and check for a damaged, or torn diaphram,also.

Comment

Make sure the nuts on the carbs are tight (that area was recently worked on)may have vibrated loose and air getting between the carb and intake.When you are full throttle the suction will seal the gap off and when you let off the gap opens back up. I just had a friend have the same problem.Also check for drunk floats in the carbs. Won't cost ya to look and easy place to start
        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Thanks,I will check all of those. You can not depend on any one to do it right anymore.

Comment

Also check the vacuum sensor, as well as the pulse valve on the block.
            Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
            (AKA Evans Marine Services)
            4340 19th St.
            Bacliff, Texas 77518
            http://evansmarine.net
            http://boatwerxtx.com
            main@boatwerxtx.com
            281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Working...
            X