Aransas Pass April 16, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aransas Pass April 16, 2011

Things didn't go as planned this morning, get to the boat ramp at 6 a.m., boat won't start, pulled the boat out of the water and found a set of jumper cables, still won't start. Customers show up at 6:15 and are ready to go. I explain the problem and tell them we are going to be a little late leaving. The parts house doesn't open until 7 a.m.and I wait and wait, seemed like forever, finally at 7:10 a.m.the owner shows up and helps me out, we hooked up a new battery and still won't start. Ok the wire is bad from battery to motor. Call a good friend, who is also a guide and get him to meet me and we use his boat, which just came out of the shop and he doesn't have all his stuff in it. By 8 a.m. we finally leave and first drift we pick up 2 reds and some undersized trout. Things are looking up I think. Let me explain about this trip, the guys are from Wal Mart, 1 is regional supervisor, 1 store manager, and the other is regional theft prevention officer, but we are fishing the Big Brother / Big Sister Tournament and Fund raiser which Wal Mart is the major sponsor of. At noon we have 2 reds and 1 trout, the pressure is on. We make a couple of moves and find the reds, by two we had our 9 reds, all good fish, but not what will win the tournament, but the customers are happy and we head to the dock, I get the fish cleaned and them on their way to the tournament party.
    Thanks to my fishing guide buddy John for saving the day and guys I had a great time and look forward to having you back again.Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0441 copyweb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	569037

Way to save the day.

Comment

Working...
    X