Wbay 4.17.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wbay 4.17.11

Walked in with a buddy around 10:15 this morning. I never have had much luck early with a full moon the night before so I figured I'd sleep in and see if the major feed starting around noon would be good to us. Wind was already howling when we got there, probably around 20, water was a little sandy but fishable, bait was sproradic and pelicans were working.

Headed out towards deeper water/pelcans and fought she dogs in the chop for about an hour with no takers. Starting bouncing plastics after that and still had nothing to show around noon. Walked back in toward a point/shoreline and got the wind at our backs. Not sure if that major feed/moon stuff works but right around noon we started catching. Caught 5 or 6 rat reds, one borderline red all released and all on opening night assasins. Also stuck a 17 inch flattie we strung and one borderline flounder we released. Action was steady for about 2 hours. Fish were shallow in about 2-3 ft of water. It was about 3 when we started fishing our way back to the truck, my buddy caught his first ever keeper trout, a nice fat 22 incher.

Water was getting higher as we got out, I bet the evening bite was good. Clarity was better when we got out than when we started. Wind was still pumping, but not as gusty and steady from the S/SE. Not a great trip, but beat the chit out of staying home and watching the NBA playoffs on the couch all day. A 5 hour wade is about the best work out I get these days...Congrats on the trout Josh.
    Attached Files

nice fish and thanks for report

Comment

Good report and congrats to your friend Josh on the nice trout. It was windy yesterday, that's for sure.
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Tough grind.Good catch
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks for the detailed report!

22" for the first keeper trout,that boy's gonna be spoiled! That is a nice-sized fish for sure.

Comment

Thanks for the report! He started of well

Comment

Way to grind it out , and you hit it on the head about bieng on the couch!
              A Living Legend

Comment

Congrats. We walked in yesterday morning and had a trout that was just a tad under 21" and a 22" flounder. Lots of little reds out there.

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
                  Congrats. We walked in yesterday morning and had a trout that was just a tad under 21" and a 22" flounder. Lots of little reds out there.
                  Was it 3 of you fishing?

Comment

Way to grind it out out.. Nice report
                    "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Working...
                    X