GISP 4/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GISP 4/16

I really didn't feel like getting up at dawn to fish Sunday morning, but I had a a good friend from Ohio coming to visit and I wanted to feed him some fresh fish so I went anyway. I finally made it into Oak bayou about 8: the sun was shining but there was a nice cool breeze. Water was muddy with about 1 foot visibility. There were a bunch of yakkers out there all queit & friendly and gave me plenty of room. I started chunking pearl/chart skitterwalks and got quite a few blowups but nothing biting. At about 8:30 it really turned on. First fish I brought in was a nice little 19" speck. Caught a handfull of rat reds and dink trout before the bite died. The wind started picking up so I switched to a she-dog and got a few more blowups but no takers. Finally changed to a pearl/chart corky and got an undersized flattie.
    The bite was gone on that side by 9:30, so I walked over to Dana to try my luck. The water in Dana was clear as a bell: about 3' visibility, but the wind was really going at it! I walked the geotubes for a while and caught a couple more little specks and walked back out with only the first trout I caught that morning. Not much in the way of keepers, but the fish kept me busy and happy! I got my buddy some fresh trout and had a great morning on the water. Next time I'll try to get out earlier and stay later.

PS- Date should have been 4/17
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; April 18, 2011, 11:07 AM. Reason: Wrong date
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

At least you got o ut and caught some fish. Good report.

Comment

Working...
    X