Sunday AM 4/17/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday AM 4/17/11

Made the run over to East bay to hide from the winds and to check on some good fish that a buddy of mine had got into a few days prior. After a 5:30 wakeup and doing the "Cody's up everyones up" dance around the house complete with Tx country and strong coffee, I finally had all participants at least attempting to get their teeth brushed. Well after ALOT ALOT MORE milling around the girls decided this just wasnt their morning to go stand in the water. Sooo my buddy and me piled in with the panga and got her up and running just as the sun was showing full out of the horizon headin east. Got to "the spot" over on the south shoreline waaay too late of course and it looked like parking lot so we continued on up to the Sun Oil cut area. Saw some bait working the deep shoreline so we decided what the heck lets make a wade. Proved to be a decent enough choice, all considered, as we soon started getting some hits. Worked our way down the shoreline catching several little specks and a couple keepers and croaker somehow. All fish were caught on hackberry hustlers in east east and Norton sand eel jrs in purple and truese topped w 1/8 oz jigheads. After 2 hours of that we decided we would leave the nursery in search of tighter lines but that was also about the time that the wind got serious so we made another short wade and called it a day. Running back to Tiki was an experience to say the least, there were some serious waves rolling throughout the Gbay complex. Put the panga through its paces in the quartering seas and she did great. In summation not the greatest fishin trip Ive been on here lately but got to fish some new water, catch some fish, and experience some rough water wheel time. See yall out there!

PS there were some GGGRRREEAAATTT yahoo sightings and happenings along the south shoreline. Should have had a sixer and a video camera just WOW. Gotta love fishing the weekends
    Andros Tarpon 26

Nice report,thanks for sharing
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks for the report.

Comment

Yes it was a parking lot out there Sunday morning. I could have sight casted at least 3 Big ones with little effort but the yahoo's would have got mad & I did not want to loose my lure in their boats. We left after someone burned the shoreline we were on & the wind kicked up right before we made it back to the boat. Thought I saw your Panga go by,nice ride.
        Today is a new day!!

Comment

That why i try really hard not to fish on the weekends. I have to stay away from the buzzards.

I was hoping for another pic like what was in your last report.
          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

east bay will probably stay crowded now, especially after jim west put on another east bay seminar.
            michelle

Comment

Michelle....

You means it's a bad thing when a top name guide puts on a seminar or posts too much on forums about where to go and what to throw?!

Who ever woulda thought....
              "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

What are they thinkin$$
                Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post
                Michelle....

You means it's a bad thing when a top name guide puts on a seminar or posts too much on forums about where to go and what to throw?!

Who ever woulda thought....
                or makes a DVD$$$

Comment

Nice report, I started to run east last weekend. It's always a mad house during the Spring.

Comment

My buddy wants to do it tomorrow-gonna try and dodge-em--hopefully land on em

Comment

Working...
                    X