Another Drum Roll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Drum Roll

My buddy Rusty and I hit the jettys today and had plenty of action. Lots of Drum caught but nothing over 38 inches. All were caught on the channel side of the north jetty near the boat cut on cracked crab. We also caught a 31 inch Red which I tagged. Good thing, Game Warden checked us. We did notice alot of people catching drum only to release them and watch them float away on their sides. We saw a boat catch several and release them floating on their sides. We told the Game Warden when he was checking us. They said they would be watching with binnoculars to see if they do it again.
    Also caught a few SMACKS... go figure...

All in All a great day...
    Attached Files
    "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
    "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

Nice catching and good report!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice.Congrats
      NK
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Good job on the big uglies. Where did the GW check ya'll at?
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

The GW showed up about 2pm. We were about 300 yards west of the north jetty boat cut. There was two of them on their boat. One driving, the other using a pair of binnoculars to study all the boats anchored up. He checked us for life jackets and a creel check, and he made sure that my red drum tag was notched out for the date. It was a parking lot. I counted 42 boats stretched out about a mile on the channel side of the north jetty. All the boats around us were hooked up. But I didn't really see any monsters from the boats around us. I only saw what looked like three footers. We were looking for that "Elusive" 45 to 50 incher

Comment

Nice report FoM. Are you entered in the FWE Drum Tourney?
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Drumfish is FUN!

Thanks for the report and pix.
              West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                He is...

I need to get out there before the Tournament is over...
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                  Yes, We have a 43.5 incher on the board but we are looking for that 50. We may try again Saturday, although the forcast is for increasing wind...

Comment

Sweet thanks for the report. I am so ready to get out to the rocks
                    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Working...
                    X