Kayak recommendations under $500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak recommendations under $500

I see that Academy now has Perception Sport Pescador 12 Kayak. I'm interested in that one or their Pelican Castaway 13ft kayak. I know the Castaway isn't great.

I'm looking to buy two decent kayaks and my budget is about $500 or less per yak.

Thanks for any tips.

Mainstream Kingfish or Ocean Kayak Speck, don't listen to what anyone else tells you!

Comment

Why dont you try buying a used kayak, always best way to go when having a budget, and wanting a good yak.

Try craiglist or tkf

Comment

Is it better to buy a used Tarpon thats all scuffed up over that brand new Perception Pescador Academy has?

Comment

TKF x2
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Usually it is better to buy used. You will scuff it up anyways and usually used yaks are already rigged.
            Resident Ninja

Comment

I picked this one up on the cheap!! The guy that sold it to me called me up and wanted it back!!
              Attached Files
              Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Check the 2coolclassifieds as well and if you can find one with a rudder, go for it.

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I've paddled a few kayaks and want to go with something similar to a Tarpon or Perception Bimini if I can find one cheap enough. I'm looking to buy two, the second one I'd like to find something like a Ride.

Comment

kayak for under $500

I just picked one of these up not long ago for a spare. Haven't tried it yet but seems like a well-built kayak.

Comment

Dont forget you will spend another $200 for a decent paddle and comfortable vest. Look used, as Jhua stated, most likely will come with everything you need to get going.

Comment

Working...
                      X