Spring Break Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Break Report

Was down fishing West Bay for several days over spring break and finally located some fish. After the front the water cooled off and the fish scattered. I went south and north and found very few fish. I discovered they are working the incoming tides pretty hard. They are stagging along the reefs on the upper end of West Bay in about 3' of water. We caught Reds up to 28" and good size trout throwing swim baits and spinner baits. Once the tide slows, fishing slows. The water is in good shape.....very clear and green.....almost too good for my liking.

Sweet catchin! I'll have to give the bay a shot some time. I've been on a surf fishing spree, but the calm conditions aren't going to last.

Comment

Nice job, I'll be back on West Bay as soon as I get outta here (work)!!
      "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Nice catchin and report. We tried upper west Tuesday but there wasn't any tide moving in the evening and nothing happening.
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice catching!
          NK
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Great report Mell Wader. Hope to be catching this weekend.
            thanks.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

WTG Mell!
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

nice catch man, that water looks nice... and like milkjug said, the calm wont last long, everyone take advantage of it
                Boats and hoes.

Comment

Nice work

So that's where the trout were....
                  "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Nice job and pics! Thanks for the report

AQUA PIMP
                    AQUA PIMP......
                    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Working...
                    X