Sportsmans Road 4/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportsmans Road 4/22

Got into the water at Sportsmans road around 745. The water was cool and had decent visibility despite the winds that got worse as the day went on. By the time we left the wind was cooking around 15-20mph.

We waded west around the island and then back through some of the marsh to the south of the island. My brother was using nuclear chicken Gulp shrimp and caught a 11" flounder that we threw back. I was working spoons and spinnerbaits with no luck in the early morning before switching to Gulps as well. The little flounder ended up being our only catch along with one breakoff and numerous bites. Oh well, sure beats a Friday in the office.

Hell beats any day in the office. lol. Keep on grinding. Youll find em.

Comment

Still battling myself on wether to try Sportsmans tomorow or not. The last 2 times I fished it I came away with only 1 fish each time but had lots of bites. How far back into the marsh did you go?

Comment

We had lots of bites too but nothing would hold on long enough. We waded a good ways through the marshy areas south of Sportsmans. I saw lots of bait moving through there and saw a few mud boils erupt in front of me due to my less than stealthy approach after a few beers.

Comment

Think I'm gonna start a little further west tomorrow and if nothings is working I might end up out there. Hope to have some tight lines!

Comment

Originally posted by FishOn View Post
            Think I'm gonna start a little further west tomorrow and if nothings is working I might end up out there. Hope to have some tight lines!
            How'd you do?
            I'm hoping to get down there tomorrow morning.

Comment

I fished far west with no luck, talked with some guys around me as well and they were getting skunked too. So I moved to Sportmans and fished in front of the houses. I got blow ups on spook jr.'s but no takers. Still a fun day all in all.

Comment

That's about how my trip last Sunday went. Hopefully May will bring death to these terrible winds we've been having.

Comment

Working...
                X