Boatright boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boatright boats

Anyone out there have any info or own a Boatright 2278 or 2478. Any info about it would be nice. My son is thinking about buying one and would like to talk to someone that has experience with this hull.

The Cadillac of aluminum boats! I've not ever heard one bad word about them . . . . EVER.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

TXSHOCKWAVE here on the forum is the one who builds them, no better person to start then him. There are a lot of guys with that size boat.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
        The Cadillac of aluminum boats! I've not ever heard one bad word about them . . . . EVER.

I slowly drive by their new shop like it was a nudie bar with windows.

Comment

Like a nudie bar it is very expensive to stop in there. It will also get you in just as much trouble with moma. I know these are very good boats but just want to talk to someone with the 2278 before we bite the bullet and buy one. Maybe Glenn will put us in contact with someone.

Comment

I have an '03 18x72. It's powered with a 150 Yamaha. It runs plenty shallow. Too shallow a few times!
            It's a pretty heavy hull, so it bust through the chop better than most flat bottom boats. I assume the 22' & 24' would handle the same or better. They are very easy to maintain. Hit it with the waterhose, and you're done. Great boat!

Comment

One of the guys down the bayou has a 24 footer and has had it for years. His camp partner loved it so much, he bought one just like it. That oughta tell you something about them.
              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

My friend has the 2278 and loves it. It came with a 140 tohatsu and he upgraded to the 150 merc. Awesome boat for space, running shallow, and cruising around. He also has the fan motor for bow fishing and gigging. He has added lights everywhere on the boat.

Only complaint is loading the boat by yourself. Due to the length of the boat and getting the trailer perfect everytime for the boat to fit perfectly to be latched. With 2 people it is fine with one person a bit tough. Now with that said, he bought the boat used it was 1 year old when he got it and recently had mcclain change his trailer for easier loading and it started to make it easier but there is no way to have the boat seated so you get some bounce. Being from the eastside of houston we rigged some stuff up and no more bouncing.

My other buddy has the 20 footer a 1997 model with merc 150 and my other fishing buddy has the 18 foot with a 115. To this day no problems on any boats. That boat IMO is the most solid built aluminum boats on the market hands down. The boats are made in louisiana and Glen has the rights to sell that boat here. You can actually go online and watch your boat being assembled and then glen rigs them out. Go with the biggest motor possible.

Sorry for long post just a huge fan after all these years fishing out of them.

Manwitaplan

Comment

Originally posted by buoy37 View Post
                  I slowly drive by their new shop like it was a nudie bar with windows.
                  As do i every morning on my way to work.... and always thinking “i’m in the wrong career field”
                  ~BLOOD SHOT~

Comment

Just left their shop James has some mad welding skills!
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                    X