West Bay 3/15-3/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay 3/15-3/21

I got to fish allot this week and man I cannot find the trout! Found plenty of flounder and some reds in the coves but the trout have been tough for me. Yesterday I caught a few trout but they were mostly throwbacks with a few keepers thrown in. Every cove I visited was holding plenty of bait but just couldn't get anything going on in there. The water hit the 70 degree mark yesterday so those fish are probably going to light up right when I have to go back to school.

TTU, we know the feeling. I went out on Wednesday, no luck at all. We went with AP on Thursday and caught 2 keeper trouts and 3 flounders. We tried on Friday, but the wind was blowing around 15, which did not make it too much fun out there.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I know what you mean

I was there from Monday-Thursday and i only caught two trout the entire trout. I did catch several redfish though, so that kind of made up for it.

Were you running a small Blue Wave? Were you solo? If that was you...then i saw you on Tuesday. I was the guy in the red kayak. I couldn't take all the boats anymore, and the potlickers that were setting up on me as soon as i would catch anything. It wore me out...so i went west for the last two days. It was better anyway and a whole lot less people. I've never seen that many boats in that cove before in my life.
      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

It was definatly a tough week for me on the Trout aswell. I think this week its gonna turn around, I expect some good topwater action this week.

AQUA PIMP
        AQUA PIMP......
        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Yup, the potlickers were out in full force this week.

Comment

I sure hope it turns on in West this week with the temps up. It is too far a drive to go back to Anahuac, but I will do it if I can find good fish again. We hope to find some in west tuesday am.
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
              I sure hope it turns on in West this week with the temps up. It is too far a drive to go back to Anahuac, but I will do it if I can find good fish again. We hope to find some in west tuesday am.
              Chip...Anuhuac a wash. River was running pretty hard the last couple days, the pockets are brown and fresh right now. Believe we got on em just in time. That freshwater was our friend for a couple days!
              I drive anywhere....its going to be SLP, which I plan on doing tuesday morning!
              Don't be a Nancy!
              If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Nice few days on the water.Thanks for the report
                NK
                Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Good to be on the water!
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Too bad you gotta be back at school for a while, but we will keep the fish company for ya!
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                      Too bad you gotta be back at school for a while, but we will keep the fish company for ya!
                      Haha! Sounds good. It won't be too long before I'll be back

Comment

Just a couple pics

Sorry if they are blurry. They were taken from my cell.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X